Photobucket

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Nixon!

So today (Sept 6th) is our little guys big 2nd birthday. So I thought I would put some pictures of his birth and just some random ones up for everyone to see. I'm also going to go back on that day because I just love remembering it. It was the one of the best days of my life. Nixon came into the world pretty easily. I guess I just have the genes for easy, fast deliveries. It was any ordinary day. I had my 38 week check up that day so I was planning on going to Cedar for my appointment, but my mom had me help her in beaver dam first thing in the morning to help with some new patio furniture my Grandma wanted to take down there. So my mom came and got me and we went to beaver dam and unloaded the furniture and then we left for Cedar. I had felt good all day,though I was little uncomfortable, but nothing out of the ordinary. I showed up at the doctors office and my mom came with me, she had never gone with me before, but it was good she did. I met with the doctor, he checked me and I was dilated to a 5. So apparently I had been in labor and didn't even know it. He sent me down to labor and delivery and I got checked in at around six and they broke my water and that's when I felt it all. That's when the labor pains really kicked in. I was kind of nervous because I was progressing so fast after they broke my water and Ty wasn't there yet. I was dilated to an 8 and things stopped for awhile. They had given me the epidural and it only numbed one side so they had to give me more and it finally did its job. Good thing Nixon had turned the wrong way too cause that postponed him from coming . Ty got there and I finally got to a 10. I pushed three times and he was here. I cant even describe the feeling of having a baby. Ill never be able to. Its the coolest thing in the world. I had him at 9:45 p.m. So I was in labor for just under four hours. The first night was weird cause I didn't even get to see him until the next morning cause he wasn't breathing good. I only held him once so the next morning I woke up bright and early for the nurses to either let me go see him or bring him to me. They ended up bringing him to me and I was in heaven I finally got to hang out with him. For that being the only little hiccup, I really am so blessed that he was healthy and good sized. Hes are little guy and we love him so much! I will post his party pics tomorrow.

The first time with his momma(I know, Im a hottie!)
Nixons first day home
Being the computer wizz that Im NOT, I couldnt figure out how to turn this pic, but its my fav!!
The only chubby phase he ever went through

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh how cute! I love baby pics! I am with you that pic with the beanie is super cute. :)

Kristi said...

Feek I love it!! I can help you flip that pic LOL!! Im so excited to see the party!!!

Steph and Hunter said...

He is such a cute kid! I'm sure his birthday party will be a lot of fun too!

Kristi said...

Hey you are slackin' on pics of that SWEET cake and the party!!!