Photobucket

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 6, 2011

This was the best pic I could get of Quin. Safe to say shes not my most photogenic child!


So Tuesday was a pretty big day in our house. It was the first day of school for Nixon and Quin! They were both so excited to go. Let me just tell ya that finding an affordable, good pre-school here in LV was not an easy task. They are both going to different pre-schools. Nixon is going to an official pre-school and its from a lady in our old ward from when we were renting and Quin is doing a joy school with a little girl in our current ward. I should say "we" are doing a joy school cause I'll get the girls for 2 weeks every month. Nixon so desperately needed to go somewhere where I wasnt and there were lots of kids to play with. We thought about doing the joy school thing with him but that just wouldnt have been good for anyone involved. He needed to get away from me and do his own thing. He would not have responded to me at all when it was my turn to have them. Yes! This is Nixons third year of pre-school but we did that on purpose so he could be the oldest in his class when he goes to kindergarten next year, which by the way, I cant wait for!
The next big event of the day was Nixons big birthday! So i send out the invites to some of his friends and I put from 4-6, thinking thats plenty of time to play, make their super hero masks, eat some pizza, a little cake, maybe open some presents. Well I was way off! We were done by 4:45. These kids were on crack I swear. It took a good solid 4 minutes for them to decorate their masks. Not long at all for them to eat. Apparently they dont like to actually taste the food while they are eating, they just wanted it gone. Presents, well....he got a little help with the presents from one of our little neighbor buddies. So the present presentation didnt last long, at all! You can imagine what they did to the cake. What cake?! I will say that I impressed myself with the capes I made. Yes from scratch. With the sewing machine. 6 of them. I had to make Quin and her little friend Sadie capes, but of course they were pink and purple not the red and grey like the boys. So all in all it was a good time. It was fun cause my mom came for the day so I got to hang out with her, which doesnt happen often. She got Nixon Legos, which he loves, and some scriptures for church (he is always carrying Tys around asking if I will read them for him). He was so excited about that and she blew up a picture of him at Kolob with him holding his first fish he caught. So cute!! He loved it. I cant believe he is 5! It really is crazy how fast it all goes by. It makes me sad. He truly is the sweetest boy and has the biggest heart. Even though there are days I just dont know what to do with him, he just melts my heart more and more every day. Hes definately my favorite oldest boy:-)
The Party goers!
Quin and Sadie (totally all girl)
Nixon blowing out the candles on his Cpt. America cake

1 comment:

kadeandmaddie said...

Very impressed with the capes! Looks like a fun party and wish we could of been there.