Photobucket

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ripken Rand Janes!

So its been kind of a wierd week this week. My brother had his baby on monday (well Tracy "had" the baby), its a boy and hes so cute from what I saw of him. It was kind of a scary thing, well not kind of, it was. Heres why. My sister in law had a regular check up on monday the 7th, she was only at a one but her blood pressure was really high so the doctor sent her down to labor and delivery. When she got there and setteled in, they checked her again and she was at a 2 1/2. So she was progressing on her own quite fast. They broke her water shortly after that and thats when things went south. Right after her water broke the cord came out and the baby was on the cord. Apparently thats not at all a good thing. So the babies heart rate went way way down so the doctor called for an emergency c-section. Of course this scarred Rand and Tracy to death. They rushed her down to the ER with the nurse elbow deep holding the baby in. Tracy had not had her epidural yet and they had no time to wait for her to get it so they had to cut. They numbed her skin so she didnt feel that but she felt the muscles being cut(could you imagine?) By then the anestegeoligist(?) got there and just put her completely out. They got the baby out and he was limp. They said he was fine. They compare it to holding your breath for so long that you pass out. Thats what he was like. Still, not fun! All the while, Rands in the hall not knowing whats going on. But, they have a beautiful 7lb 4oz baby boy and not to mention, the 7th was also Rands 28th birthday. I guess you can say it was a bitter sweet day for him. They are both still in the hospital at the moment, the babies breathing is not that stable and Tracy has to get blood transfusions cause she lost quite abit. Were so lucky to have both of them here and we are so glad that they were in and are still in such great hands. I dont have a pic of him but im going to be sure and get one. Hes adorable. So were glad to announce and welcome, Ripken Rand Janes, the new member of the ever growing Janes family!!

2 comments:

Turbo said...

That is so freaking crazy! Congratulations to your brother. Thank God for amazing doctors and die hard mothers.

Tyann said...

My name is Tyann, you don't know me, but I was trying to find anything I could about Rand and Tracy, and found your blog. How are they doing now? I was friends with them a few years ago when we were in the same ward. If you have an email for them, or any way I could contact them, you could let me know on my blog; dtpangan.blogspot.com. That is so scary, but I am glad that the baby and Tracy are doing well! Tell her hi for me if you talk to her!! Thanks!!